Nutrition Packed Lunches
Healthy Chicken Veggie Curry
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 red onion – chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1⁄2 red chilli – chopped finely (include seeds if you like heat)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander, ground cumin and medium curry powder
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄4 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 200g chopped tomatoes (1⁄2 tin)
- Handful baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Add the onion, ginger and chilli with splash of water
- Cook for 1 min, add the red pepper, chicken and cauliflower
- Cook for another 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes plus 100mls water
- Simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked
- Turn up the heat if sauce is too thin, to reduce consistency
- Finally add the spinach and stir until wilted
- Serve in bowls
- It goes will with the Basmati rice
Healthy Fish and Chips
Everyone loves fish and chips, don’t they? However, the “normal” fish and chips you would get is obviously deep fried which isn’t too great for our health or our waistline! And you won’t need to go to a chippy again when I show you that you can make a delicious and much healthier version at home!
- 1 piece of white fish (approx 100-150g)
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of black pepper and Himalayan pink salt
- 1tbsp buckwheat or ground almonds/oats
- 1⁄2 sweet potato, cut into discs or “chips”
- 2tsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tin mushy peas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle with 1tsp coconut oil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning half way. Or if you have an air fryer, cook for 20 minutes.
- For the fish – coat in the beaten egg and cover in the buckwheat our/ground almonds/oats. Heat a frying pan on med-high and melt the rest of the coconut our. Fry the fish on each side for 5 minutes.
- Heat the mushy peas on a low heat until it starts to bubble – stirring regularly.
- Serve with your choice of condiments as follows:
- 1tsp tahini
- 1tsp almond butter
- 1tbsp salsa (chop a handful of cherry tomatoes, 1⁄4 red onion – finely chopped, juice of 1⁄2 lime, chopped chilli/chilli powder to taste and mix together)
- 1tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
- Splash of apple cider vinegar – this is optional on top of the other condiments.